Sunday, December 20, 2020

Taking Yes for an Answer - Pt. 1


A #ShrinkingWoman story about acceptance, BDSM, and asking for what you want.

Five parts, approximately 11,500 words.

Special thanks to Elle Largesse, @mightytinygiant, for her invaluable assistance in editing this piece.  If this story is legible at all, at least 70% of the credit is theirs.

Overall story tags: Shrinking Woman, NSFW, M/f, Light impact play, Taunting/Teasing, D/s Dynamics, Attempted physical harm, Consensual non-consent, Humiliation, Inability to breathe, Smothering, Pain, fight/flight/freeze, Aftercare

Chapter 1 Tags: Description of BDSM Elements, PLOT 🤣


Part 1

Things were winding down at the Gilded Lily. The bouncer leaned against the wall, her expression stoic and vacant.  There were a handful of couples in the play space, but none required her full attention. The sharp crack of leather on skin came filtered through thick velvet curtains. Someone screamed. Someone giggled.

At the bar, conversation was in a lull.  From behind the counter Steven paused in his inventory of solo cups, checked the clock. Still a full hour ‘til close. This had ‘long night’ written all over it. There were a few patrons at the bar, all politely ignoring each other, in the manner of folks waiting for someone to do something interesting.

“So.” Steven slumped casually, making eye contact with each of the four in turn. “What’s your weirdest kink? Something no one around here knows about.”

Mr. Black gave a short laugh. “Fuck you, man.”

“What? What’s so wrong with that?” The one Steven had flagged as ‘new girl’ - did she say her name was Lyra? All bright-eyed and hopeful, the way newbies often were.  “I’m an open book, you can ask me anything.”

“It’s a cliché though.” Mr. Black drained his cup of Sprite, signaled for another. “Like asking, I don’t know, what book you’d take to a desert island. Or which Beatles album is the most overrated.”

“Meaning, you don’t have anything interesting to say.”  Heads turned when Evalyn spoke, as usual. “Or at least nothing surprising, since we all know you’re into electricity play.  Did you finally get bored of talking about your tens unit?”

“It broke,” Black replied sheepishly.

Lyra nodded, either unaware of the sudden awkwardness, or ignoring it.  “Well if no one else wants to go first, I will.  Sorry if it’s taboo to be direct about this stuff, but I’m here looking to get a spanking.” She looked up and down the bar, ready to drop the real bombshell. “And hopefully, for someone that I can call daddy!”

Steven bit his cheek to hold in a laugh.  Evalyn didn’t bother to hide her open disdain.  But at the end of the bar, Will was nodding. “Welcome then. You’ve definitely come to the right place. I guess it’s what most people are here for, in one flavor or another.  Stick around for awhile, and I’m sure plenty of people will take you up on that.”

Lyra grinned, fixing her attention on the dark-haired man. “Aw, well thank you!  Now, I don’t suppose... you’re one of those people?”

Will gave her a dry, but friendly smile. “I doubt you’re buying what I’m selling.”

“Oh come on, give the poor kid a chance.”  Evalyn grunted a laugh, slamming her arm down on the bar hard enough to send everyone’s drinks rattling.  “Or what, are you just trying to cultivate an air of mystique, in place of an actual personality?  You know, come to think of it, I don’t actually know what your deal is.  I see you around here most every night, but you’re such a wallflower.”

“Just hard to find people with mutual interests.” Will cleared his throat meaningfully. “Anyway. I know the kind of stuff you’re into, Evalyn.”

Mr. Black sniffed. “I mean yeah. Everyone knows.”

“I don’t know Evalyn!” Lyra stepped forward, suddenly eager.  “Should I? I’m not against calling someone ‘mommy.’”

“No offense hun. I’m not exactly entry level.  Unless you want to press the issue, I’m going to say you’re a little too short for this ride.” Evalyn straightened, her smile deceptively benevolent, and crossed her well-muscled arms over her chest.  She was tattooed, platinum blonde, powerfully built.  Six foot one even in flats, and she wasn’t wearing flats tonight.

From the play room, there came an abrupt sound. Something heavy, hitting someplace soft. The cry that followed rang loud, driving everyone to silence.  Steven leaned down to Lyra, pitching his voice low.  “They say you can tell an Evalyn scene, by the way her victim is screaming.”

Lyra’s pupils went wide.  “I, um.  Maybe not.”

Evalyn looked smug. “Fair. Moving right along with kink-talk, our friend Steven here has a prized collection of fur suits....”

“Hey!”

“...So that just leaves you, Mr. Mystique.”

“It’s Will, actually.”

“Fine, good.  Answer the question.”

He shrugged. “I shrink people.”

The other three made the same puzzled look.  “What, like a psychiatrist?” Black said.

“No. Literally.”

Evalyn scoffed. “How do you literally shrink a person?”

“Oh, no like I’ve totally heard of this!  With bubble paper right? Or plastic wrap?  Bondage, except it’s see-thru, which is super-sexy!  I saw it on the internet.” Lyra looked proud of herself.

Will put his head on the bar, and sighed.  “You do all know what ‘literally’ means, right?”

“Of course we do,” Evalyn replied.  “I take it you know what ‘incredulous’ means. If not, we can try, ‘total bullshit.’”

“You asked,” he replied, not lifting his head.

“He’s not making it up.” The three turned to regard Steven, who in turn was regarding his feet. “I was dungeon monitor for a scene of his once. Maybe… a year ago?  It was the damnedest thing I’ve ever seen. He asked this girl if she wanted to get smaller. She said yes. And then she just....” The bartender trailed off, holding his hands apart.  Slowly, he drew them together.

For a moment, the bar was quiet. From the adjoining room came the sound of faint laughter, hushed conversation.

“This is a put-on,” Evalyn said at last. “You two are trolling us. It isn’t a funny joke.”

Will shrugged.

“Alright, then.” Evalyn stood up, arms crossed in annoyance. “Prove it. Shrink me.”

“No scening in social spaces,” Steven said.

“It doesn’t work like that,” Will said, in the same moment.

“How does it work then?” Lyra asked curiously. “Do you need a potion? Some kind of magical fairy dust?”

Black laughed. “Don’t be silly. Magic isn’t real. You’re some kind of, what, mad scientist? I bet you have a basement full of equipment. Tesla coils, electrodes, big humming generators....”

Evalyn elbowed him sharply.  “Keep it in your pants.”

“Nothing like that. To be perfectly honest, I’m not entirely sure how I do it. The closest I can come... did you ever read Flatland?” Will scratched his chin. “I reach out to someone. Look for the want, and the need. It’s a physical object, ninety degrees removed, but it can only be touched with the mind. If it’s there, I can push it a little.  Let it flow away.  As long as the person wants, and believes, I can keep pushing. But it has to start with the question.”

Evalyn blinked. “Of all the new age horse shit. Are you telling me you have magic powers, and they won’t work unless I clap my hands and believe in fairies?”

“That, yes.”

The amazon sank back down into her chair, shaking her head. “Man, this place was way more fun when it was just about hitting people.”

“Speaking of which.” Black tapped Lyra on the shoulder, grinning. “You sound like a person with pretty straightforward interests. The Lily’s been too complicated for my tastes tonight. Want to hit the bricks?”

Lyra covered her mouth, and giggled. “I read that it’s a bad idea to play with someone the first night you meet.”

“Oh, it most definitely is.” Mr. Black downed the rest of his Sprite in a gulp. “Get your coat.”

“But… I’m not interested in electricity?”

Black winked.  “We’ll figure it out.”

As the two stood to leave, Evalyn went with them. “Thanks for the lovely bit of make-believe. It wasn’t boring, I’ll give you that.”

“Take care. Hope you find someone more your speed.”

“Oh, there aren’t many of those.”

She left. Will and Steven sat alone at the bar. “You think that was a mistake?” Will asked finally. “Outing myself?”

“What? No, no. No way.  I’m glad you finally said something about it actually.  We all get to live our truth at the Gilded Lily.  Nobody gets to yuck anyone’s yums.”

A couple emerged from the scene room, arm in arm. The man was covered in a series of fresh bruises; the woman was covered in honey. Both were smiling.

“Fucking food-players,” Steven sighed.  “That’s going to take forever to clean up.”

“Sounding a lot like a yuck there.”

Steven made a rude gesture.

“Hey, easy. I was going to offer to help.”

“Huh? Oh, it’s fine. I’ll put on a podcast or something. Anyway, closing time. Go on, get. Before you turn someone into a pumpkin.”

On the street, Will took a breath of cool night air.  Going home alone wasn’t exactly new.  And on balance, tonight had been pretty fun.  Still trying to cheer himself, he started to call a cab, and was surprised to see he had a new friend request.

“Sounds interesting enough to negotiate,” read the message. “If you can keep up.”


No comments:

Post a Comment