Thursday, October 3, 2024

Burying the Hatchet


This story is a direct sequel to Eve's Boutique If you haven't read that entire ~150k-word novel, fear not. This story works as a standalone piece about a 9ft woman and a size-shifter having a... conversation in the woods. Here's everything you need to know:

- Eve and Lilith are witches, and have the ability to change their size at will.

- Lilith did some very awful things to Abigail, because she was jealous of Abigail's relationship with Eve. Lilith has never apologized for any of the bad things she's done.

- Abigail's height changes at random at the start of each day. Eve can also change Abigail's height, but this is a very special case, and is only possible because they have an extremely strong connection.

- Lilith is super-human durable. We've seen her punch through a marble wall, take a beating from a 40ft woman, and be smacked through a building, without noticeable ill effects.


CW: consensual non-sexual violence, verbal threat of bodily harm, light BDSM, light sexual pain and biting, NSFW, alcohol consumption, mini-giantess to larger giantess sizes, growth

Note: This story contains a brief scene of physical violence. The events are well-telegraphed in the story, giving readers a chance to opt-out of that section.


Burying the Hatchet
by pseudoclever

Chapter 1

Eve dozed, a serene smile on her lips.  Abigail had been watching her sleep for twenty minutes – waiting for her own eyelids to grow heavy, so she could drift off beside her beloved.  The moment had yet to come.  Abigail had been looking forward to their annual cabin getaway for months, and now that she was finally beside Eve again, she didn't want to lose a moment to silly old sleep.  It felt like a cheesy pop song, but there it was.

There was a bit of FOMO in her wakefulness, too.  She could hear voices through the wall, from the next bedroom.  Three women talking quietly, their voices punctuated by occasional laughs, and moans.  Abigail had a feeling things were going to shake out this way.  She and Jess had been dating for nine months, and for at least eight of them Chloe had quietly been interested in Jess as well.  Mackenzie was enough of a queen bee to finally bring them together – for the small finder’s fee of joining in.

Abby knew she’d be welcome if she just went over to their bedroom and knocked.  But at nine feet tall, she'd be taking up a little too much space.  In both the literal, and figurative sense.

She leaned down, and kissed Eve on the temple.  The four-foot witch sighed happily in her sleep.  Carefully, Abigail extracted herself from the arms of her beloved.  She pulled on a robe and crawled through the door back into the cabin's living room.  It wasn't even midnight.  Plenty of time for another drink.

Lilith was there, watching her.  The eye glow that both sisters shared was subtle – Eve’s an emerald green, Lilith's the deep red of burning embers.  You could easily miss it in the daylight, but in the pitch black of a country night, it was impossible to miss.

“Fancy meeting you here, babygirl.  I thought you'd be down for the count.  I mean, with the way you were screaming….”

“Sorry,” Abigail said.  “It's a cube-square thing.  Big body, big voice.”

“Well then I take back the compliment.  You want another drink?”

“As a matter of fact, I do.”  Abigail stood, mindful of the low ceiling beam that bisected the cabin, and made her way toward the kitchen.  “You want one?”

“I got it.” In the darkness, the witch hurried past her, brushing skin against skin, and made it to the kitchen first.  “Manhattans okay?”

“I mean yeah, but that's expensive bourbon you brought with you.”

Lilith was already pouring.  “Don't worry about it.”

“At least size me down first.  You'll have to mix it really, really strong if I'm this big.”

The witch turned, briefly illuminated in the light of the refrigerator.  She was apparently normal-sized for the moment – tall for a woman, but far smaller than Abigail’s present height.  Lilith had stripped out of the cocktail dress she'd worn for most of the evening, leaving her in nothing but a bra, panties, and stiletto heels.  “Abigail, do you have any idea how profitable my type of witching is? I'm not like Eve – I get paid for my powers.  Besides that, if I wanted booze I'd just take it, and whoever used to own it would thank me for the privilege.  Don’t insult me.  Or think you have to be less than you are just so I can handle you.”

“Hmph.  When you put it that way.  Make mine a double.”

A brief search revealed there weren't glasses big enough for that.  Abigail suggested they check the garage for a bucket.  Lilith just made her two drinks.

They sat down together – Lilith on the couch, Abby on the floor beside her.

Abigail sipped her drink.  “So.  How’s Kayla?”

Lilith told her.  It wasn't a long story – the witch tended to stick to the facts when she wasn't pontificating.  Even so, Abigail had almost finished her first drink by the time the story ended.  She felt warmed by what she'd heard, along with a complex mix of other feelings.  The alcohol helped to bring it into focus.

They sat together like that for a long time afterward, neither of them saying anything.  It wasn't an uncomfortable silence.  But apart from their first meeting, the two had almost never been alone together.  Abigail suspected that even Lilith didn't know quite how to handle it.

“It's a nice night,” Abby said at last.

In the next room, Mackenzie’s voice rose into a sudden crescendo, a howl of passion that resolved into a low giggle.

“Yup,” Lilith agreed.

“Do you wanna–"

“Let's go for a walk,” the witch interrupted.  “The moon’s almost full.  It'll be nice.”

Abby finished drink number two in a gulp.  “Okay.  But let's go south.  Elijah was headed north when he went out to commune with nature, and I'd rather not startle him when he's in feral mode.  And make me another Manhattan for the road.”

The moon was hidden behind a thin layer of clouds.  Mist was just beginning to rise from the forest floor, painting the whole world in pastel grays.  It was so quiet that Abigail’s ears rang with it.  As far as she knew, they might be the only people for miles in any direction.

Abby was about to suggest they cast around and try to find a path, but when she turned, Lilith was undressing.   The witch removed her shoes in a little hop-kick, then stripped out of everything else.  She gave Abigail a seductive smirk.  Then laughed, skipping out of sight into the forest.

Abigail swore.  She knew a challenge when she saw one, and no way was she going to let Lilith win by default.  She drained half her drink, removed her robe.  Finished the other half, and sprinted naked after the witch into the dark.

Night sounds were all around her.  Strange birds, and creepy frogs, and things Abigail couldn't hope to identify.  Far ahead, she could hear Lilith's laughter.  Bidding her on.  Branches scrapped, and thorns stung.  Abigail has always been afraid of being alone in the forest at night.  She wasn't afraid now.  At her height, she was either the scariest thing in the forest, or chasing the scariest thing.  Either way, it felt good.

She came upon Lilith in a clearing.  Panting, waiting for Abigail to catch up.

“Seems like you're in your element,” Abby said, ducking under a branch.

Lilith nodded, still staring at the clouded sky.  Her body was in silhouette, but there was enough light to suggest her figure.  Naked, and almost impossibly lush.  Abigail felt her breath catch as the woman turned in her direction.

“Hey.  Abby.”

“Yeah?”

Lilith came closer.  Her hips swayed in a figure eight as she moved.  She stopped with her hands on her waist, an inch from Abigail.  So much shorter that her head hardly cleared Abby’s navel.

“I want to ask you a favor.  Are you in the mood to grant me favors?”

Abigail frowned.  “Maybe.  But I'm understandably cautious making deals with you.  So I want to hear your terms first.  Every last one.”

“It isn't complicated.”  Lilith paused shyly.  “I just… want you to hit me.”

Abigail waited her out.  Crickets chirped.  Far in the distance, a pack of coyotes had a snarling argument, then faded to silence.

“Once,” Lilith said at last.  The witch touched her cheek.  “Closed-fist.  As hard as you can.”

“Why?”

Lilith spat in the dirt.  When she spoke, there was anger in her voice.  “You know why.”

“I want to say, ‘Because you'll get off on it.’  And you will, of course.  But I'm not stupid.  So yeah, I know why.  The real reason.”

“And you'll accept those terms?”

Abigail bent far, far down, until she could breathe in the little witch’s face.  “If I accepted those terms, we'd need to go back to the cabin.  I saw an old hatchet lying in the corner.  It looked rusty and mean.  We both know I'm nowhere near big enough to hurt you.  Not for real.  If this is about opening old wounds, and you paying a price for what you did to me?  I would need something much more serious than just my fist.”

Lilith laughed softly.  “I really do like you, Abigail.  Your threats are always such poetry.”

“Believe it or not?  I like you, too.”

The witch let out a sigh, and laid a gentle hand on Abigail's fist.  She'd been clenching it tightly for the last thirty seconds.  She hadn't realized.

“I’ll accept your axe, if that's what you want.  What if instead I let you hit me as many times as you want, until you're satisfied?   And you're wrong about one thing: it’s going to hurt me.  I may be a durable little twat, but I still feel everything that happens to me, with all the appropriate intensity.  Which is great when someone is beating my ass in the bedroom but… what I’m asking… I'm not planning to enjoy it.”

“If we do this, I’m not going to hold back.  What it's too much?  What will you do?”

Lilith raised her hand, and held it palm-out.  “I'll surrender.”

“Then I accept your terms.”

“Thank you.  Can I make a suggestion?”

“I don't promise to take it.”

“Of course not.  Just.  At your size, I'd go with an uppercut.  Try to catch me on the chin, or the nose.  That'll do the most damage.” 

Abigail nodded.  “Eyes open, or closed?”

“Open.” Lilith braced herself.  “Always open.”

Abigail hit her.

The strike was enough to send Lilith flying across the clearing.  She lay for a moment, sprawled across the forest floor.  Then she coughed, dusted herself off, and got back to her feet.

“Good.  This time, lead with your shoulder, and pivot with your hip.  That's where the power comes from.  A girl should know how to access her power.”

They went on like that.  An increasingly shaken Lilith, giving her pointers and advice, as Abby punched her again and again into the dirt.  Toward the end, the witch was slurring her speech, hardly able to stay balanced to receive the next strike.  Yet still, she came back for more.  Abigail had a feeling Lilith wanted to get to an even seven.  But after the sixth punch, when Lilith took a very long time getting up, Abby decided she’d had enough.

She sat on the forest floor and pulled Lilith into her lap.  Both women were out of breath, sweat pouring from their bodies.

“Do you feel better?” she asked the witch.

“Fuck you,” Lilith husked.  Then turned away.  “This wasn't for me, you dumb bitch.  It was for you.”

“I know.  I appreciate it.”  Abigail picked a few wisps of grass that clung to Lilith's skin, and wiped a smudge of dirt off her thigh.  “Are you okay?  You don't look any worse for the wear.”

“It's a conscious choice.” The woman still wasn't looking at her.  “It’s a witch thing, I mean.  Controlling that stuff is even easier than changing my size.  I can show all the bruises you gave me, if you want.”

They lay like that.  Around them, the forest had become very still.

“Your right hand,” Lilith said, after a time.

“Don't worry about it.  I'm a little sore, but–”

“No.  It… smells like her.”

“Eve?”

“Who else?”

Abigail smiled.  She tenderly brushed her knuckle along the bridge of Lilith's nose.  It hardly surprised her when the witch turned her face and kissed it.

“You know, Lilith.  You're not that complicated.  For all your pomp and bluster, I see right through you.  I know why you wanted to clear the air between us.  Or I mean, I know the other reason.”

“And?”

“And.  You're a big girl.  Use your fucking words.”

The witch thought about this for a long time.  “I asked her this morning.  Eve.  If it would be okay, if you and I… you know.”

“What'd she say?”

“She gave me her blessing.  Not just that.  A blessing.  Like.  She blessed it.”

Slowly, Abigail leaned down, lifting the woman as she did, until their foreheads touched.  “I asked her too, and got the same blessing.  Like.  Fully a year ago.”

She kissed Lilith on the mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment